Sunday, October 30, 2011

weekend wear

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I know what you’re thinking. And I know it’s not Christmas, but it is HALLOWEEN. Here at JMU that means dressing up all Halloweekend. Two, three or even four costumes are necessary. Whether or not you love the holiday as much as I do, dressing up is always fun. (It can be way easier and more fun than trying to find a real outfit.) Regardless, It’s a great weekend for people watching. This weekend did not disappoint. I saw everything from trolls to super heroes to mail order brides.
My group of girlfriends always likes to dress in group themes. Two years ago we were Noah’s Ark and dressed in animal pairs.
Some of the animals from the Ark!
Last year we were all characters from children’s books. (I was Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch!)
Little Red Riding Hood, Madeline, Hungry Caterpillars, Eloise and a Grouchy Ladybug.
This year we decided to be a Candy Shop and we all dressed as different types of candy. It didn’t come out as well as we had hoped, but we still had fun! (I picked Nerds as my candy and dressed as a literal Nerd.)
Peach Ring, Candy Buttons, Bubble Yum, Nerds, Candy Canes and Cotton Candy.
On another night this Halloweekend, my roommate and I decided to dress up as Kate and Pippa Middleton. We both have brown hair and are obsessed with the Royal Family so we figured we should go for it. My friend happened to have a long sleeve white lacey dress, which actually resembled Kate’s. It was perfect! I threw on a tiara and made a blue sapphire ring out of a hair tie and a large jeweled button. (If only it were the real deal!)
Getting into our sister roles!
My other two roommates dressed as tornadoes. They wore all black and attached little figures of cows and fences to grey fabric. They looked great!
All of the roommates before our Halloween party!
My favorite costumes are the ones that don’t necessarily come from the Halloween store. I think they’re a little more creative and fun.
What did you dress up as this Halloween?
Style Happy,
Meghan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment