Thursday, July 28, 2011

dreams do come true

Lame as this is going to sound, this has been a dream outfit of mine for while now. Not an "I'm-ridiculously-good-looking-and-rich-and-married-to-Paul-Rudd (drool)" type of dream either - we're talking an outfit that I dreamt up in my head but never had the pieces to pull off.

Well after my trip to the AMAZINGLY huge XXI store up in Portland, ME (seriously, make your way to Maine JUST FOR THIS STORE) I finally got my chambray shirt (so behind on this trend, whoops) and decided to make this dream outfit happen!

Skirt: Arden B. (in middle school!)
Chambray shirt: XXI (Forever 21 sister store)
Sandals: Target
Belt: thrifted
Headband: Old Navy


I just loved the juxtaposition of the pink lace skirt with the more rugged and casual chambray shirt. Such an odd combination, but once I put it on I immediately loved it (and knew why it was a dream outfit for me). I got about 3486798354 compliments (estimate) on it at work - even the little old Italian man who's office is next to mine said I looked "elegant" ... While that's not the word I would use to describe this outfit, I'll definitely take it!

How do you wear your chambray? And are you dreaming up any outfits for fall?

xo Meaghan

2 comments:

  1. cute 'dream outfit', but it's straight out of the JCrew look book so obviously it's lacking in originality
    seen here: http://www.elle.com/Runway/Ready-to-Wear/Spring-2011-RTW/J.CREW/J.CREW/(imageIndex)/18/(mode)/fullscreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen that pic before, but go figure - love me some J.Crew ... and no one is ever completely original, everyone gets inspiration from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete