Tuesday, October 4, 2011

in my closet

Denim on Denim: My Take on the Trend

So I've kind of secretly (not-so-secretly) been waiting for fall because 1. it's my favorite season and 2. I really wanted to rock the denim-on-denim trend with my newest denim finds!

I got this great loose-fitted, pocketed chambray shirt this past summer up at a Forever 21 in Maine (actually it was an "XXI Forever" which is a part of Forever 21 but EVEN BETTER than the regular store). The jeans are my brand-spanking new J. Crew toothpicks, and the cardigan was a Goodwill find while up in Maine.

I think this outfit works because of the mix of denim - dark on the bottom and light on top. Also, I wanted to wait until cooler weather so that I could wear a cardigan on top to add a pop of color to break up all the blue. I paired it with some great cut-out oxfords from Forever 21, and some great chunky (and super feminine) turquoise jewelry also from Forever 21.

Jeans: J. Crew
Chambray shirt: Forever 21
Cardigan: thrifted (Goodwill)
Oxfords: Forever 21
Necklace & Ring: Forever 21



How do you feel about the denim-on-denim trend? Too "blue" for you?

xo, Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment