Tuesday, October 11, 2011

in my closet

While autumn brings to mind vivid shades of orange, yellow and red (leaf piles, anyone?), autumn (as far as my wardrobe is concerned) is nothing but neutral. Tan, brown, black, taupe, gray, and even pale rose pinks and earthy seafoams (those count as neutrals, right? right) make up about 85% of my closet. Fall is a great chance to start layering, so I tend to layer on neutral on top of neutral to add dimension to an outfit without making it seem too busy. Below are some my favorite closet picks, as well as some items I wouldn't mind adding to my collection ... Neutral Ground














J Crew long sleeve blouse
$170 - net-a-porter.com
J Crew linen t shirt
$35 - net-a-porter.co
Acne peach blouse
£180 - liberty.co.uk
J Crew funnel neck sweater
$110 - net-a-porter.com
Bootie boots
$20 - target.com
TopShop leather oxford
$60 - topshop.com
Banana republic shoes
$110 - bananarepublic.gap.com
H M acrylic shawl
£7.99 - hm.com
Terrifically Taupe Nail Polish
$2.80 - forever21.com


The absolute best thing about neutrals? When you're not piling them on top of each other, they go with everything else! Talk about versatile. And while my mom mayyyy or may not be on the verge of holding a neutral intervention for me, I still can't help myself.

How do you wear your neutrals? Are you as addicted as I am?
xo, Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment