Friday, October 14, 2011

cheap-and-chic

PRSSA is holding a Denim Drive this month. I’m sure you’ve seen the cute signs around campus: “Drop Your Jeans for a Good Cause.”

All the collected denim will be recycled into housing insulation for communities in need. The goal is 500 pieces, enough to insulate one whole house! Throughout the month, boxes will be located around campus and events will be held on the Commons October 18th, 20th, and 26th and the Farmers’ Market October 15th and 22nd.
As secretary of the organization, I’ve been trying to collect as much denim as possible, aka- raiding my closet and reassessing my past denim choices (low rise flare.. like really?)
All this denim talk has me thinking about one of my favorite fall trends: denim on denim. Meaghan O. showed you her [awesome] take on denim on denim a few weeks ago. I decided to find the pieces I needed around Harrisonburg… and for less than $50.
The key to rocking the denim trend is to choose two different washes. If the shades of denim are too similar, it may just look like you’re wearing a denim jumpsuit… and that is a trend for another day year.  With just a little searching I found a chambray shirt on sale from J. Crew and dark wash jeggings at Target for $20. I wore my finds to CrossKey's winery this week for my friend's birthday (center).



            So go raid your closet, update your denim, and DROP YOUR JEANS FOR A GOOD CAUSE!

Bins located in ECL, Carrier, Festival, UREC, Downtown Library, Friendly City Food Co-Op
Don’t forget to follow the denim drive  @JMUDenimDrive and like Cotton. From Blue to Green® Denim Drive! On Facebook. 

peace,
Katina

1 comment:

  1. I love all the brown boots in the group pic, haha. I'm glad denim-on-denim is in this year!

    ReplyDelete