Tuesday, October 18, 2011

in my closet

Who says you have to be frumpy when you're at UREC sweating it out? I mean, I know every time I end up working out I end up seeing everyone - from professors, to past flings and people I'd rather never see again, and everyone in between. And while it is a gym, and I'm beyond against the girls who show up in full hair and makeup, I think it definitely is possible to look good at the gym! (... At least a little bit)

I've recently gotten into running as a way to relieve stress and have a fitness goal to work toward (half-marathon in April, yes I've lost my mind) ... Unfortunately, my athletic wardrobe is seriously lacking. I stocked up on some great tanks and shorts this summer, but now that the weather can't make up its mind I need to invest in layers. From tights to half-zips and fleeces, I'm saving up to splurge on some great pieces to take my training through the seasons.



I'm loving bright colors because 1. they fit my personality and 2. they make you visible for running outdoors (safety first, kids). And while it might just be running, you bet I want to look good doing it. Not only do I like how it makes me seem to others, but it also gives me that little extra confidence boost to make it through my workout.

For more great athletic wear companies with cute styles visit:

What do you wear to workout? Any good places you know of to shop (it is Harrisonburg, after all)?

xo, Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment