Sunday, June 19, 2011

eyewear must-haves

Hello my darling fashionistas!

It has been quite a while... but it is about time I showed MadApparel the love and attention it deserves. With a hectic work schedule and daily 1.5 hour commute, needless to say I have pretty much focused all my attention and energy on my summer internship in NYC, but I am ready to share everything I've been learning about trends of the summer and style tips with you all!

First thing's first, it's summer time. You need shades to protect those sensitive eyes from the sun. We all know I love sunglasses, but I have recently discovered my new favorite brand of eyewear called Oliver Peoples. These shades are BANANAS. The variety of the brand is limitless - they offer classic styles such as aviator and wayfarer types, more trendy and risky retro, round-framed shades, wild patterns, and optical lenses for the fashionably near or farsighted. Not to mention their limited edition styles and collaborations with fashion icons like Zooey Deschanel. Lately, I'm really into the round-framed, retro trend. I ADORE the "Gregory Peck" shade in Black with Indigo:

GREGORY PECK, $385

Feeling like a diva? Try the Lipsofire style in Dark Tortoise:

LIPSOFIRE, $310

Where do you get these insane shades, you ask? In NYC there are two freestanding Oliver Peoples boutiques (one in Soho and one on Madison Avenue) and they are also carried at Bergdorfs, not to mention the brand can be found at countless luxury eyewear boutiques in almost any city near you. Whichever style you choose, with Oliver Peoples you're sure to get a quality pair of frames and compliments from everyone who sees you rocking them. Will you try the trend this summer?

Cheers!
Dy

No comments:

Post a Comment