Friday, September 23, 2011

cheap-and-chic


Have you heard of Birchbox?

The company, started in 2010 by two female Harvard grads, is revolutionizing the idea of beauty supply. While many of us wander through the aisles of Sephora wistfully looking at products we probably can’t afford, Birchbox has taken a new approach- four to five high-end beauty samples delivered to your door for a flat fee of $10 a month. That’s less than I spend at Greenberry’s in a week!

Birchbox founders, Hayley Barna and Katia Beauchamp
To sign up you fill out a profile so the items you get in your “Birchbox” are customized just for you. The items include skincare and hair products, makeup, and perfume from companies including STILA, benefit, Kiehls, NARS, and Smashbox just to name a few. After trying the sample items, you can order the full size from Birchbox’s website. Sounds better than trial and error to me. (Also, they have a really cool blog I'm about to add to my google reader)
I definitely think it's time for me to take a look at my budget and work Birchbox into my life!
peace,
Katina

No comments:

Post a Comment