Wednesday, June 29, 2011

color-blocking, take 1

So my post is a little late (sorry!), but better late than never! Here are some pictures from the other day of my first take on color-blocking.


Trousers: TJ-Maxx
Tank: Gap
Sweater: thrifted (J. Crew)
Sandals: Target
Earrings: H&M

I personally like it without the cardigan better, but I had to wear something to make it work appropriate (so why not add another bright color?). I love how crisp and light it looks without the sweater - especially paired with white trousers and big earrings.

Bracelet: gift (Pandora)
Watch: grandmother's
Nail Colors: F21 "Mint" (one is from last year and the other is from this summer - I guess they changed the color!)

Here's a closeup of my color-combo ... Not to mention my bright two-toned nails (a la Katina). It's also photographic proof that I NEED to stop wearing my old high school class ring ... for reals though. Best item in this shot? The watch. It was my grandmother's (because I was too cheap to replace my broken watch) so it lights up AND has a pop-out magnifying glass - If that's not badass I don't know what is. And yes, I just admitted that I am wearing an old-people watch most likely from Walmart. Quality.

How do you rock the color-blocking look?

xo, Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment